Tuesday, April 8

Ali's quilt..

My very good friend asked me to make a quilt for her daughter, Ali. 
I love little Miss Ali...
She sent me a paint swatch of two colors, purple and green, and left the rest up to me. 
 
Here are my mountains of strips!
 
 
 I decided to start with a center and go around and around using different width strips.
 
 
 Every other row was a cream strip.
 

Mmmmm, dot flannel backing and scrappy binding.
 
 
I quilted giant swirls all over.


Pillow shams are a must!
 
 
Love you, Miss Ali. 
And yes, I hugged them before I sent them to you.

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Just Beautiful!! Love the added Pillow Shams too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful! Lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a simple pattern and yet so delightful! The quilt is beautiful :>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Makes me want to just wrap up and never come out! Such good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! I love this!!! Ali has a great taste in colours (of course so do you!!) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply lovely! And the shams finish it off so sweetly.

    ReplyDelete