Friday, September 1

Fancy Forest times two....

Both of my sweet granddaughters had birthdays this summer.
 
 
(making fruit pizza - one of our favorites at grandma's house)
 
I decided to make each of them a Fancy Forest quilt with their names on them.
It's an Elizabeth Hartman pattern - she's brilliant! 
You can find the pattern here.
Miss Audrey....
(we had a tea party at my neighbor's home so we got to dress up with some pretties - thank you, Danette)
 
 
 I made individual quilts for each of them.
They each finished at about 60" x 70"
 
 
Audrey likes the color aqua... 
 
 
The backing is Tula Pink's "Free Fall". 
 
 
I quilted loops in the background and
straight-lined each block. 
 
 
I think the cows want a quilt, too... 
 
 
Miss Alayna...
 
 
Alayna loves pink...
 
 
This is probably my favorite block - Hazel Hedgehog. 
 
 
I used a cute pink print for the backing and a
scrappy binding. 
 
 
I swirled Alayna's background, outlined the small "fill-in" blocks and
straight-lined each individual block. 
 
  
 Picnics inside make the food even better! 
I loved having my girls with me last summer...
Alayna, Audrey and Erin - my daughter.
  
 
Oh, how I love my girls....
 
 
(floating on Ennis Lake)

21 comments:

  1. Love the quilts. It looks like you had a great visit. The girls are getting so grown up. I love Elizabeth Hartman's patterns too. Next up is the sloth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just sewed up a Bjorn - I love it! These are a bit addicting! The girls are growing so fast - I wish they would slow down a bit!

      Delete
    2. They are addicting. I've made foxes, llamas, flamingos,Sasquatch. Oh my....

      Delete
  2. The quilts are adorable, and so are the granddaughters! SO sweet and I am sure they will treasure those quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - they sleep with them every single night!

      Delete
  3. Those are very cute quilts and cute girls! What fun! I am making the Elizabeth Hartman Fancy Fox pattern for my twin grandbabies. One leaning more blue green, one leaning more purple pink! The names are a secret though, we have to wait a couple months to find out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love making those cute little fox's? I could easily get caught up in making dozens of them - so, so cute! Lucky you - twins! I know your quilts will be darling...

      Delete
  4. Those turned out sooooo cute! You have such a great eye for colors...and the quilting is amazing, per usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my Fancy Forest Friend.....they're so fun! Now - to tackle Bjorn & Dwight!

      Delete
  5. So gorgeous Kathy, I'm sure your granddaughters will treasure them.
    I love Elizabeth Hartman too; I've made Preppy the Whale (& quilted it badly myself!). Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are adorable! Preppy the Whale is so cute, too. I'm working on Bjorn & Dwight...xxoo

      Delete
  6. Such sweetness! I have the pattern and fabric set aside for Fancy Forest but haven't gotten to it yet. Both quilts and girls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really have to be ready to concentrate and sew aside some serious time for these, but once you get started....look out! They're so fun!

      Delete
  7. Oh my those quilts are amazing !!! I am sure your granddaughters loved them too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sleep with them every night. Thank you for the compliment - they were so fun!

      Delete
  8. Love the quilts that you made for your pretty granddaughters and the lovely background you used for each! Such pretty quilting too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I loved making them. And yes, my little granddaughters are just as pretty as their quilts...:)

      Delete
  9. These quilts are amazing! Love them. I hope you get to see these sweet girls soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quilts turned out so cute - they loved them. I'm going to see these cute girls the first weekend in November - can't wait!

      Delete