Monday, August 26

"To The Point"

I finally finished my sweet "To The Point" quilt I started about......oh.....3 years ago.



I seem to start a quilt, put it away, start another quilt, put that one away....and on and on.
I started this one a few years ago at a retreat and 
must have gotten distracted.
Each year I brought it to that same retreat and worked 
on it in little spurts.
I was determined to finish it at the last spring retreat.  
I'm so glad I did.  
I think it turned out pretty darn cute.



I used Allison's fabric line, "Hazel".  
Love her fabrics!
You can find her patterns here at Cluck Cluck Sew.  
Love her patterns!
I wanted to remember the fabric line so I added a piece of the selvage with that information to my label -- a leftover block.
  





I straight line quilted it - random widths between each line.


My pretty wildflowers are in full bloom - I couldn't resist a photograph with them.


I could use this sweet quilt for a picnic quilt, but I don't want to spill anything on it so it's just hanging out with my flowerbed.


I would make this quilt again - which I rarely do - but it turned out so cute and was fun.
So in about 3 years you might see another one on my blog!

6 comments:

  1. So Pretty!! I love the pic of it with your wildflowers: they go together so perfectly!! I probably have that pattern, and I know I have that fabric: I need to sew something with it! :-) Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wildflowers are my favorite. This pattern is so fun - do it!

      Delete
  2. Really lovely! And I love your quilting treatment of horizontal lines randomly spaced! I'm keeping that one in mind....thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that quilting design, too. Thank for the compliments.

      Delete
  3. This quilt reminds me of the name of your blog, Stitch By Stitch. Eventually everything gets done! Glad you finished it - it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete