Wednesday, January 8

fun with borders...

When a customer sends me a quilt with borders I like to give each one a different design. 
Here are a few customer quilts:
 
McTavish design in the outer border, cross-hatching in the checkerboard border and a ribbon in the next two borders.


 
A little closer view of the ribbon border:

 
 Pretty feathers in the outer border, ric-rac in the inner border and all-over double bubbles in the center of the quilt:

 
A paisley/leaf design in the outer border, single stem & leaves in the 2nd border and long curved lines in the inner border:

 
loopy single feathers in the outer border and double ric-rac over 3 inner borders:

 
orange peel in the half-square triangle border:

 
pully's in the brown border:

 
McTavish design in the outer borders, ric-rac and orange peel in the inner border:

 
single rail-road in the outer border:

 
Thank you, my wonderful customers, for allowing me to "play" with your borders!

12 comments:

  1. You do such beautiful work Kathy! I love the accent that the different border designs give:>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so beautiful, I love different quilting patterns:) Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is truly amazing! I am so thankful for the quilts you have quilted for me!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the pulley's and the ric rac oh and the double ric rac and the double loops and everythign else inbetween1 you're a master quilter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to pick a favorite for I love all of them, Kathy! Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your work Kathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing these! It's always a challenge to come up with border designs, besides feathers. Especially those little skinny ones. I'm totally going to try rick-rack!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty - I look seeing the close up pictures! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great border ideas - thank you! Love the ric rac look!

    ReplyDelete