Saturday, June 14

In honor of Flag Day....

My retired Air Force husband found this 48 star flag in the basement of the VFW hall.
 
 
He brought it home.
He knew I would love it.
I washed all the dust out of it.
I hugged it.
I sent it to my Veteran Marine Corps son, Riley.
He will love it, too.
Thank you, my son - Riley, for serving our country with honor.
 
 
Thank you, my husband - Dan, for serving our country with honor.
 
 
Thank you, my son - Gavin, for currently serving our country with honor.
 
 
Thank you to all the veterans who honor our beautiful American flag.
This is a photo of the VFW (Veteran's of Foreign War) taken 2 days ago at a flag ceremony honoring 250 Marine Corps veterans visiting our town of Ennis, MT.
(Dan - 3rd from the right) 
 
 
It was a beautiful day and a beautiful ceremony.
 
 
 
 
What does the American flag mean to you?

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful find! I think our flag is the most beautiful flag of all and it never fails to make my heart just soar with pride when I see a big flag floating in the wind with the sun making the colors glow. I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words touched my heart - I feel the same way! I love it, too.
      thank you....you're a beautiful friend!

      Delete
  2. " O say can you see by the dawn's early light,
    What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming,
    Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
    O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
    And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
    Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;
    O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave,
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave? "

    ** my heart swells with humble pride and I cry every time I sing those words <3

    Thank you to those dear men in your life who have served and are currently serving our beloved country!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I can never get through these beautifully written words without tearing up. xxoo

      Delete
  3. Those are some mighty handsome men!!! Beautiful post, Scottie jean!

    ReplyDelete