Friday, October 10

baby quilts

I love everything about baby quilts.
I love picking out patterns and fabrics.
I love piecing them.
I love quilting them.
Here are some that my customers made...
Christine, from Rhode Island, made this sweet little pyramid one:

 
I quilted loops within each triangle - each direction.
The backing is just as sweet at the top.

 
Jan, from Florida, made this modern one:
 

I quilted random spaced straight lines in the solid background and looped the patchwork squares.
 

I like how Jan used some strips in the center of the back.
 

I loved this one so much that I made one, too.
 
 
I don't know who will get it - I just had to have one on hand!
I quilted wavy lines and looped the patchwork squares. 
 
 
I used a dot flannel for the back.
Thanks, Jan, for the simple idea - I'll be making more of this one!
 

Denise, from Florida, made this cute critter quilt.
 

The prints are adorable!
I quilted a wood grain all-over pattern.
 

Julie, from California, pieced this patchwork, wonky star quilt for her new grandson.
 
 
I love how it turned out - she wanted simple quilting because she put grey minky on the back.
 
 
Very snuggly!
 
 
Are you working on any baby quilts?
 

16 comments:

  1. They are all so beautiful!! I just love the first one, and you're right the back is just as sweet as the front!! Too cute! Have a lovely weekend!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Holly...I wish they all belonged to me! xxoo, back

      Delete
  2. So adorable! I have never made one, but they are on my list of projects. I would love to have some on hand for showers and they seem like such a quick project. I would love a little instant gratification :>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great place to start in quilting - you're right....instant gratification!

      Delete
  3. They are super cute... Baby quilts are so special because you know a little bundle is going to use it and carry it around when they start walking.... so cute. I really love the first one too. The quilting is beautiful. Love the loops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little bundles wrapped in quilts - love. Thanks for the compliments - I love quilting baby quilts!

      Delete
  4. I love the scrappy binding on yours! Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I could make about a dozen of these and not get tired of them!

      Delete
  5. Yes, baby quilts are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been working on baby quilts since Sept. I'll have three made and one receiving blanket by month's end. They are such a fun break from larger quilts. BTW I love how your quilted the stars on the minky backed one....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a fun break from larger quilts - I agree! Thanks - I love the wonky stars on Julie's quilt, too.

      Delete
  7. I am! I have a great collection of blocks from an exchnage I did with some wonderful friends that I'm using in a baby quilt...my goal is to keep a few baby quilts on hand. Plus, they're really fun to sew! Love this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby quilts are always great to have a few on hand. Thanks - I love this blog, too. And I love you! xxoo

      Delete
  8. I think these are so unbelievably lovely!! I'm SO NEW to quilting, so I've been sneaking around dozens of quilting blogs trying to amass as much information as possible before I cut into some gorgeous fabric I bought. I'm SO SCARED to ruin it!!

    I was wondering, does anyone know what fabric line(s) is/are used in the first quilt? The quilt with the bunnies and pastels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura - Here is the link to Christine's blog where she talks about her cute little quilt and the fabrics she used:
      http://christinechitnis.com/2014/08/01/a-summery-quilt/
      You'll love the quilting world! Thanks for responding.....

      Delete