Sunday, March 29

pumpkin seed flower quilt

Martha, from Missouri, made this adorable pumpkin seed flower quilt for herself.
 
 
I love it when we get to make a quilt just for ourselves!
No - it's not selfish - it's rewarding and fun!
It's such a pretty springy quilt.
Is that striped binding just about the cutest ever? 
Martha was a little hesitant about it but I think it's perfect!
 
 
I quilted a large feather in each "seed" shape and single loops in the background. 
I wanted the seed/leaves to stand on their own.
 
 
Such happy pretty prints!
That backing - I could honestly live with an entire bolt of it!
 
 
This quilt says, "happy spring", to me.
Thank you, Martha, for bringing some spring into my sewing room!
Are you working on a springy quilt? 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors, and a black and white stripe binding is on my must do list. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the binding and the backing-it could be reversible! Those beautiful prints really do say spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute quilt and what fun fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE everything about this one! That striped binding is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where can I get my hands on some of that backing fabric?!

    ReplyDelete