Saturday, April 9

Gwyn's Modern Vintage quilt...

How can "modern" and "vintage" be in the same sentence?
This is how!
 
  
My Montana friend, Gwyn, made this beautiful quilt
using the book, "Vintage Quilt Revival".
You can purchase it here at Amazon.
It was a BOM (block of the month)
through her local quilt shop.
I love how they set it up - each month they offered a block. 
If you returned to the shop with your completed block, you got the next block FREE.
Who doesn't love something quilt related that's free?
Gwyn stuck with it and completed this beauty.
 
  
 It was a blast to quilt.
I had previously quilted two other quilts from the same book. 
I quilted each block with a different design.
  
 
So many pretty blocks to "play" with.
 
 
Another favorite...
 
 
 
I swirled the background.
 
 
Do you LOVE this backing?
(I just ordered 3 different pieces....so happy!)
It's a Tula Pink extra wide.
It comes in about 6 different color ways.
You can purchase it at Hawthorne Threads, here.
This color is "Lipstick".....perfect!
 
 
Gwyn finished the edge/binding with this scrappy piping.
 I love it!
 
 
Here it is on display in her home......so lovely!
  
 
Thank you, my friend, for letting me quilt what I wanted. 
I loved every minute of it!

15 comments:

  1. Kathy, Your work is absolutely amazing. I love my quilt and have received many compliments on it. Each morning walking into the living-room it is the highlight of my morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you love your quilt - it's beautiful!

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful Gwyn and Kathy. Love the colors and the quilting both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. That means a lot coming from the stellar quilter that you are!!!

      Delete
  3. Ooh I love that version, the grey is fantastic. Love the quilting too, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, ever since I quilted yours & your sister's I have fallen in love with the pattern! I just might have to make one for little old me!

      Delete
    2. I just got the book off Amazon

      Delete
  4. Очень понравилось одеяло, серый фон - такой необычный, подчеркивает яркость вертушек.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I love that grey background. Fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it's so great! All three of your quilts look different from each other - it's like 3 different personalities coming through!

      Delete
  6. It is just gorgeous! The quilting sure enhances that beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exactly how our small town quilt shop does the BOM -- LOVE it!! A gorgeous quilt with gorgeous quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so smart to offer a BOM this way. Thanks for the compliments!

      Delete