Monday, March 1

"Granny's Garden" by Kris

 Kris, from Georgia, created one of the most beautiful applique quilts I've ever seen.

And I've seen several!


This one is from a Riley Blake Sew Along, called "Granny's Garden", from 2019.

You can find it here.

Kris did such a beautiful job - it was a pleasure to quilt it for her.

We've had some very cold and dreary days this past month here in Montana so every time I walked into my quilting room with this quilt on the machine, it felt like spring had sprung in my room.  

 

I quilted around all of the applique so the flowers would stand out.

In the floral background I quilted small pointy tear drops.

I LOVE this little label Kris made for the back of her lovely quilt:

It's one of the sweetest quilts I've ever seen......thank you, Kris, for allowing such beauty into my life for a brief moment. 


7 comments:

  1. My pleasure, you gave my quilt its life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure to work with such beauty. Enjoy this precious quilt!

      Delete
  2. That is beautiful! Love the colors. I am presently working on a house quilt and it could be the sister quilt to this one as the colors mesh. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE the colors she chose - so feminine and spring-like.

      Delete
  3. Truly beautiful! And the colors are so pleasing to behold...
    a joy for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful quilt! Lots of work went into but definitely worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing about content. Your Content is realy informative for us....

    Wooden Wall Mirror
    Ceiling Lights
    Wooden Ceiling Lights

    ReplyDelete