Tuesday, June 1

Retiring.....

 It is with very mixed feelings that I write this post.

After 25 plus years of creating designs on beautiful quilts throughout my longarm quilting experience, I have decided it’s time for me to retire. 





I would like to spend more time with family and in order to do that I need to step away from “Gladdis”, my quilting machine.

 




 She will still stay in my life and my home forever, but I need to give both of us a break.  

 

So here is how I’m going to transition..... 

I will accept quilts through August 31st and finish up with those I receive, but after that date I will no longer be accepting quilts.


 



I have asked a couple of my “hand guided” quilting friends if I could refer you to them and because they are so swamped with customers of their own, they have kindly declined.  
If I find someone who is willing to take on more customers I will let you know.  There are plenty of computerized quilters out there, just not as many hand guided/custom quilters. 




I have had the time of my life getting to know each of you through this incredible art form and have formed some lasting friendships.  I hope to meet many of you in person one day – you are all so incredibly gifted and inspiring and have been willing to share those gifts with me over the years. 





Thank you from the bottom of my heart for finding me, supporting me and all the millions of sweet compliments you sent my way.  (tears......) 

I love you – keep creating..... 





Always, 


Kathy

17 comments:

  1. Good luck Kathy! So glad I have some of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an exciting time for you, and I'm sure that you are looking forward to spending time with your crew and starting new adventures! I'm thankful to say that I have some of your beautiful work on my quilts, and you will be missed by many. Enjoy each and every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words bring kind tears to my eyes - thank you.....I have loved adding a little bit to your beautiful creations.

      Delete
  3. a big decision and one that has been made by you and for you. good luck in the future and thanks so much for sharing so much of you. (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words are so kind - thank you.....I love this craft with all my heart.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! I can't even imagine the number of hours you've stood behind Gladdis - it takes a toll on the body for sure! Time to reinvent yourself and explore the things you've always wanted to do. And find some thing you never knew you wanted to do when you were so busy. Enjoy the new journey ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to see where my next "journey" takes me! Thank you for your support and love. cheers to both of us!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! I am so happy for you, but sad for me:) I love your creative, beautiful work:) I so, so thankful for all my quilt tops that came to be amazing quilts under your hands:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have LOVED quilting for you. You have such a beautiful eye for putting fabrics and patterns together - I just added a little "finish" for them. Keep creating, my friend.

      Delete
  6. I have secretly hoped you would be “my” quilter forever! But I guess I knew great things have to come to an end sometime. My favorite quilts are the ones you’ve quilted and I am so glad you have shared your exceptional talent with me, my family and the rest of the huge quilting families out there. Congrats Kathy! I hope at some point we’ll be able to meet in person! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have absolutely loved adding a little bit of myself to your beautiful creations. I will miss seeing your lovelies....I, too, hope we will one day meet in person. Hugs and lots of love to you....

      Delete
  7. I too have secretly hoped you would be my go to quilter for as long as I quilted but alas I have to admit I know exactly how you feel. A very hard decision to make when you love what you do and are loved by who you do it for. Have to admit I am now regretting ever letting go of any of the quilts we have worked on together. Peace and Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's SO hard letting go of wonderful customers/friends like you. I do love what I do but I also need to slow down a bit so I can spend time with those I love. We will stay in touch - you have been so much fun to work with. love to you, too

      Delete
  8. I’m so happy for you, you’re going to love retirement! I think there should be another name for it since you might find that you’re busier than ever once you “retire”! I’m so fortunate to have several quilts that you’ve beautifully quilted. I think of you when I see them… much love to you. ❤️ Enjoy your new adventures!
    Tammy P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Btw- Brian just asked about you a couple weeks ago when he heard “Sing a Rainbow”… you are a lasting memory of all his teachers. 🌈

      Delete
    2. Oh.my.stars......I love Brian right now! That was one of my favorite preschool songs and I often find myself singing it. Please give that boy of yours a hug for me. love you guys....

      Delete
  9. Reading all these tender comments makes me so proud! Having your quilts in my home, and the homes of many of my family members will always be a cherished gift... But not as much as the gift you are to me!
    gift you've always been to me by being my talented, patient, and

    ReplyDelete