Thursday, April 12

Carol's quilts

My friend, Carol - from Montana, is always creating 
such fun quilts.
She has some pretty serious skills when it comes 
to quilt making.
Here are a few lovelies she recently made...
This is one of my favorites - I especially love the 
low volume backgrounds.


 I straight lined her "X's" and swirled the background.
I believe all quilts look fabulous with a black 'n white 
stripe binding.


Carol made an entire quilt out of these blocks - "Nesting Churn-dash" - this is a pillow she made to go with it.  
Churn-dash is my favorite block - I was tempted to 
keep this pillow...


I wish I had a better photo of this little quilt.  
She used a border print for both sides of 
these very cool pieced blocks.
  

Here is the right side of the border print - I love it!


I quilted wavy lines with a "wood knot" every so often through the border print.


LOVE these chickens!  
Carol said this is one of her favorite quilts.  
I can see why.


I absolutely love this backing.  
I need at least a bolt of it!  
You can get it from Hawthorne Threads.  
It's from the Pastel Thrift line here.


I think this sweet little boxy quilt is so sweet - prints are 
from Sweetwater.  
I quilted a single wavy line from edge to edge.  
Carol uses the best backings on her quilts, too.


 I still love a masculine woven fabric quilt.  
Carol made this one for her son-in-law. 



 It's a very simple quilt and yet so appealing.  
I cross-hatched the entire quilt.


I quilted "wish bones" in the outer border.  
Carol used a luscious flannel for the backing.


Carol - you're an amazing quilter and a wonderful friend.
I only wish I could keep up with you and your quilts!
Thanks for always trusting me with your beauties.

4 comments:

  1. Carol is certainly one busy quilter, making you a busy quilter, too! They are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these quilts and what a sense of color Carol has - love the understated color choices. That hen quilt maybe my favorite (if I could choose lol) and churn dash is my favorite block too - just something about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all these quilts, and the quilting you did on them looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing line up of inspiring quilts and pillows! Love everything about this post! Gorgeous and creative quilting, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete