Wednesday, June 19

micro burst?

It can certainly get windy in Montana!
Last week we experienced a micro burst.
I have never witnessed one before -
they're incredibly powerful and scary!
We have had this power pole in our front yard.
After the micro burst of wind & rain swept through, this is what was left - snapped that bugger right in half!
That weird looking PVC pipe has our telephone land line in it - crimeney sakes!
 
 
 
And yes, the power was out for about 24 hours - ugh!
So - what do you do when the power is out?
I pulled out my hand-work basket.
(I love my little sewing pouch my
daughter-in-law made for me years ago. 
I'll blog more about it later.)
 
 
I sat on the front porch and crocheted away until I couldn't see anymore.
It was actually pretty entertaining watching the power crew work.
Wish I would have thought to take a picture of them - they worked through the night.
Thank you, power crew from Bozeman, MT.
And now we have a shiny new power pole - in our front yard!
 
 


12 comments:

  1. What is the mountain range in the distance. Beautiful country.

    Here is Ohio we get similar storms called a derecho...straight line winds followed by thunderstorms...scary. Mother Nature has her ways!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a LOT of respect for Mother Nature! Thanks for the comment, Kathy.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness Kathy ! That looks scary....we get derecho storms like that here in Maryland too. Not fun. Thankfully you had your handwork to do. I love your little hexie sewing pouch. That is so cute! Hey! You're still on baby watch? I thought you would be gone by now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of a derecho (and I don't have a clue how to pronounce it) storm. Yes, still on baby watch. Called her today - everything is just fine! Dr. appt. Friday - maybe a weekend baby?

      Delete
  3. Darling little pouch - she's a keeper. That's kind of scary, glad you got some sewing out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This little pouch was all hand pieced - I'm the luckiest mother-in-law out there!

      Delete
  4. I was driving into Ennis during this microburst and I thought for sure I was going to wind up out in some farmers' hayfield. The poor flagman at the construction on the highway kept blowing backwards with his stop/slow sign. I'm sure winds were close to tornado force. Cute, cute sewing pouch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that just the craziest thing you've ever encountered? I wish I could have seen that poor sign guy - whew! I know - this little pouch is completely precious to me.

      Delete
  5. Kathy - what a beautiful view from your front porch!! I am trying to imagine myself there with you, enjoying the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! No matter which window we look out of from our home we get a different beautiful view - come on out & visit!

      Delete
  6. I think a micro burst is what caused Lloyd's airplane crash, if I remember right. Glad you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely scary! They come right out of nowhere! We're just fine - lots of missing branches from our trees but everything else is OK. We're very lucky!

      Delete