Thursday, November 19

Sherri's quilts...

My Anchorage, Alaska friend, Sherri, makes the most amazing quilts. 
They are simple and beautiful.
I love simplicity....and I find myself wanting to make every single one of her quilts for myself.
She has a flair for putting the perfect colors together.
Just like this 16-patch.
 
 
She certainly knows how to mix 'n match!
I did a simple stipple on this comfy quilt.
 Sherri has fabulous backings, too.
 
 
She very seldom uses the same fabric line within a quilt. 
(I wish Sherri lived closer, I would beg her to give me a lesson on color & design!)
Here's a cute little crib size 4-patch....sweetness.
 
  
 And here it is again made out of Kaffe Fassett fabrics.
I cross-hatched this one.
  
  
 Again - a perfect Kaffe backing!
 
  
 This soothing "T" quilt is so calming....
  
  
 I hate to admit this, but....I've never made a log cabin quilt.
I love log cabins so much and Sherri had me at "scrappy look" on this one.
 
  
This is the latest quilt I quilted for her.
Triangles for her granddaughter's "big girl" bed.
 
  
Swirls - lots and lots of pretty swirls.
They're just the right touch for the cute hot air balloon backing. 
(I had to order some for my stash, too.) 
 
 
I want this quilt, just for me....
 
 
Thank you, Sherri, for the constant inspiration I gain from your lovely quilts. 
xxoo

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It's so hard to decide which one I like best? I like simple quilts, too, and so all these are on my radar. Great quilting on them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I am so inspired by her beautiful quilts, I would want every single one of them! Beautiful quilting, beautiful piecing and color choices. That hot air balloon for the backing is so darling? What line is that?

    ReplyDelete