Thursday, June 1

gumdrops...

A sweet quilter, Amanda, from Vermont, made this adorable "Gumdrop" quilt. 
 
 
I can't even imagine the hours and hours it took to cut each one out, fuse them on the strip of background, then sew the strips together.
They are only about 2" tall and maybe 1 1/2" wide. 
So adorable!
She made a large one for her oldest daughter and a baby one for her new baby.
I quilted tiny loops in the background then outlined each gumdrop a few times.
 
 
It was crazy fun to quilt!
You can find the pattern in the book,
 "Sunday Morning Quilts", here.
 
 
 
 
Love that backing & binding - perfect!
I thought I would like to make one until I saw the actual size of those "drops"....now I'm re-thinking it.
But, it's so darn cute!
 

8 comments:

  1. Gosh, that is lovely. I'm wondering if I could cheat and make circles or ovals first?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could make any shape you wanted! They are cut freehand because every single one of them was a tad bit different - that's what I love about them. And it's just plain super cute!

      Delete
  2. It is adorable but cutting them all out! Whew, that takes dedication.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure it's one of those evening watch TV projects. Such dedication - you're right!

      Delete
  3. Love the quilting you did on this cute quilt! Yes, I can't imagine the hours spent making it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She said it was many more hours than she anticipated, but the result was work it!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the compliment on the quilting - it was so fun!

      Delete
  4. What a sweet quilt! And lots of fortitude to get it done, but great fun as well. Your quilting is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete