Wednesday, August 1

Cotton & Steel - scrappy trip...

I love everything Cotton & Steel.
So.....when I received a gift of an entire fat 1/4 pack of C&S 
I had a hard time deciding what to make with them.
Then I purchased another fat 1/4 pack - now I had around 90 fat quarters - oh.happy.day!
I decided on a Scrappy Trip Around the World block.



I started on them about 1 1/2 years ago and just couldn't find the time to complete them - I was 5 blocks in. 
 At this rate I knew I would be long gone before I ever saw the finished quilt.
Soooooo - I contacted my friend, Trish Poolson from Mississippi, who pieces quilt tops for me and she finished the blocks - all 90 of them!  
It finished out at 108" X 120".
Here is the result:


I set them together in a zig-zag pattern and quilted straight diagonal lines to follow the setting design.



I love this quilt so much.
I have "Pastel Thrift" on the back - LOVE this piece. 



It comes in different color ways.


Thank you, Trish, for piecing the blocks for me.  And a GIANT thank you for pressing the blocks in a way that every single seam nested - no pinning at all!  
It's so beautiful.....




7 comments:

  1. A beautiful collaboration! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It's at the top of my list of "loves", too. thanks...

      Delete
  3. Quilting friends - what would we do without them :)! So special of Trish! Lovely quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine my life without my quilting friends....and Trish is right at the top of my list.

      Delete