Thursday, February 14

Simple Addition in pink

I love simple patterns so this "Simple Addition" pattern was perfect for me.



You can find the pattern at Cluck Cluck Sew - here.
Allison's patterns are so easy to use.  
I love them all.
I had a fat quarter bundle of Jen Kingwell's "Gardenvale" I wanted to use for this pattern. 



I also had a couple of random pink solids I wanted to add for the background.  
I know they are Kona solids but they were an "end of bolt" item so my best guess is Camellia and Bubble Gum colors.



My friend, Trish Poolson, pieced most of the blocks for me and set them together.  
Thank you, Trish, you did a fantastic job and the fabrics would still be sitting in my little box had it not been for you.
Even though these fabrics read "vintage" to me, I wanted a more modern quilting design so I quilted it with a single wave design - one of my favorites!



The backing is "Pastel Thrift - alloy".  It's kind of hard to find - I wish I had at least a bolt of it!



It was fun taking it outside on a very cold, but sunny, wintery day last week.



I seriously love everything about my sweet quilt.


Here is the "quilt-hanger-up-guy", my husband. 
He's a good sport!

  
Oh, mine is a twin size and Allison offers 6 different sizes in this pattern.
She's genius!
love......




14 comments:

  1. Thank you - it was so much fun to finally get it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have thought to use the reds as a background and I absolutely love the vintage look!! Well done Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend. It's a super fun one to make.

      Delete
  3. I love everything about this quilt too! That backing looks great, too. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to get a quilt of your own made! The pink background reminds me of the quilt my grandmother made for me in the early 60's! She would have loved all the fabric choices available today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be fun to step back in time just for a little bit and share the quality fabrics we have with our grandma's who quilted? I would love it, too.

      Delete
  5. Love your quilt! I adore pink and you found an extremely pleasing way to incorporate it into a wonderful quilt. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I'm starting to love pink, too.

      Delete
  6. Lovely blog. Thanks for sharing with us.This is so useful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read your article and this is really an amazing post for increasing skill in this concern department.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice that there are such blogs.

    ReplyDelete