Saturday, April 11

Bonnie's Modern Geese

My friend, Bonnie, from Montana recently made this beautiful Flying Geese quilt.



I love everything about it!
It has such a modern feel using a very traditional 
flying geese block.
I also love the simplicity of it.
The colors and placement of the geese are perfect.
I outline quilted the geese and added a triangle inside each one to allow them to stand out on their own.
I swirl/pebbled the background - this pattern gives it a 
lot of texture.



Bonnie added that small green border just to frame the pretty center of her quilt.



The backing is this nice almost solid cream and really 
shows off the quilting.



It's a beauty, Bonnie.
Thank you for letting me quilt it for you.


5 comments:

  1. It is a beauty, and the quilting is just right to highlight those geese. And what a perfect time for this, as the Canadian Geese are winging their way back to their summer stomping grounds. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, and the quilting is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt! I love the colors and how the geese are spaced for that modern look. Your quilting is amazing as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend.....your compliments always mean so much considering you're a quilting hero of mine!

      Delete
  4. I've forgotten how to comment on blogs. Ha! I love how you quilted the triangles in the geese. Show stopper!

    ReplyDelete